Sign up to receive updates from Continental Energy Corporation.
FY 2020 Annual General Meeting
A state of emergency in regard to the Covid19 pandemic was declared by the Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General of British Columbia under order No. M116 dated March 18, 2020 (the "Order"). The Order specifically applies to the Company and to our FY 2020 Annual General Meeting ("AGM"). The Order provides certain relief from statutory requirements pertaining to the date, location, organization, conducting, and holding of annual general meetings and provides for alternative measures and electronic means to hold and conduct meetings.
At the date of this Notice and Circular the Order remains in force and effect. It is the intention of the Company to hold the Meeting at the location stated in the accompanying Notice in compliance with the Order. Management believes it is unlikely that the Order will be rescinded or that any safe resolution of the Covid19 health threats will be realized prior to the time and date of the AGM. Therefore we strongly encourage shareholders to NOT attend the AGM in person and instead cast their votes by mail, via the internet website of our transfer agent, or via a touch tone phone using the instructions provided on either the Form of Proxy or the VIF mailed with this Notice or those included with the attached Information Circular.
This AGM is a routine meeting held for statutory compliance purposes. The agenda requires only two annually recurring voting issues. One being re-election of incumbent directors, and one being re-appointment of our auditors for the coming year. There are no other agenda items. Management does not intend to make a presentation or open the floor to discussions or questions. Proposals from the floor for any other business will not be accepted. For your own safety and for the safety of those persons you may come into contact with, the Company recommends that shareholders do NOT attempt to attend the AGM in person
The Company reserves the right to take any additional precautionary measures deemed to be appropriate, necessary or advisable in relation to the AGM in response to further developments in the Covid19 pandemic, including: (i) holding the AGM virtually or by providing a webcast of the AGM; (ii) hosting the AGM solely by means of audio only or audio/video remote electronic communication, via telephone conference call, or via a voice over internet protocol service; (iii) changing the AGM date and/or changing the means of holding the AGM; and (iv) such other measures as may be recommended by public health authorities in connection with gatherings of persons such as the AGM.
Should any such changes to the AGM format occur, the Company will announce any and all of these changes by way of news release, which will be filed under the Company’s profile on SEDAR. We strongly recommend you check the Company’s website, www.continentalenergy.com, prior to the AGM for the most current information. In the event of any changes to the AGM format due to the Covid19 pandemic, the Company will not prepare or mail amended AGM materials.
Those shareholders who insist on attend the AGM in person are entitled to do so, but must call McMillan LLP at (604) 689-9111 at least 48 hours prior to the date of the AGM for further instructions on in-person attendance procedures required by the building owner and McMillan LLP. Those insisting on attending in person should carefully consider and follow the instructions of the federal Public Health Agency of Canada and all BC provincial health authorities as provided on their websites.
In keeping with provincial health orders and guidelines, the following are among the mandatory safety procedures required by McMillan LLP, the building manager, and the Company of any persons intending to access the building, the elevators to the meeting room floor, the McMillan LLP offices reception area, washrooms, and the AGM meeting room:
- Persons planning to attend the AGM in person must identify themselves to McMillan LLP beforehand, and provide their respective names, email addresses, and telephone numbers to facilitate contact tracing.
- Persons attending will be required to complete a Visitor/Client Screening Form in the building lobby reception area. Persons with mobile devices will be able to use a ServiceNow app for completion of the screening form. A poster will be displayed in our reception area with a QR code allowing easy access from their mobile device for completion of the screening form.
- If you are experiencing or exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms you may be denied access to the building or to the AGM room.
- If you or someone with whom you have been in close contact has travelled to/from outside of Canada within the 14 days immediately prior to the AGM, you may be denied access to the building or to the AGM room.
- Elevator capacity to and from the AGM room floor is limited to a maximum of four persons.
- All persons will be offered a disposable mask at McMillan LLP reception area and will be asked to wear a mask when accessing washroom facilities and waiting for elevators.
- - -