Sign up to receive updates from Continental Energy Corporation.
Continental Energy Corporation Complies with The IFC Performance Standards
The IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability are established and maintained by The International Finance Corporation ("IFC") of the World Bank Group ("WBG"). The IFC Performance Standards consist of eight separate "Guidance Notes" each one of which is designed to address the environmental and social risks for new project development utilizing IFC or WBG funding in one of eight focus areas:
- Assessment and Management of Environmental and Social Risks and Impacts
- Labor and Working Conditions
- Resource Efficiency and Pollution Prevention
- Community Health, Safety, and Security
- Land Acquisition and Involuntary Resettlement
- Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Management of Living Natural Resources
- Indigenous Peoples
- Cultural Heritage
The IFC and the WBG periodically reviews and updates the Performance Standards and the EHS Guidelines. A full copy of the IFC Performance Standards in force for all new project transactions from 1 January 2012, is available for download here.
Continental Energy Corporation subscribes to the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability and is committed to exercising the same standards of evaluation to recognize and provide mitigation measures for environmental and social risks associated with all projects it undertakes in which the IFC or other World Bank Group organization is involved.